What: This six hour course will provide you with concrete Somatic Practices to add to your therapeutic work with children. We will address the use of body based practices to assist treatment in the areas of self regulation, anxiety, shame and communication.
Together we will practice interventions, use case studies as a means to understand the material in a clinical way and explore some of the developmental needs that can be addressed by somatic interventions.
Goals of this workshop include
- Learn strategies for connecting with children and building a therapeutic alliance
- Introduce and practice using breath as a resource with children
- Learn and Practice interventions for helping children regulate their nervous systems (great for working with anxiety)
- Practice interventions for moving anger in the body
- Learn interventions for helping break down the disconnect that can happen when children feel shame or embarrassment
- Practice boundary exercises to help children understand their own boundaries
When: August 5th 2017 9:00am-4:00pm
Location: Wellness Center of Sonoma County in Santa Rosa
Cost: $130 before July 5, 2017. $150 after (Rate for students/interns $100)
6 CEU units included
For More Information or to Register: Contact Emily Morrison MFT #49259 at
707-478-5497 or email@example.com
Emily Morrison is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a private practice in Santa Rosa. She has spent years working with children and adults utilizing the body mind connection as a way to deepen healing. To learn more about her practice you can go to www.emilymorrison.net
—————————————————————————————————————————————CEU’s provided by Kitty Chelton MFT, PCE #021263
Certificates awarded in person at the completion of the workshop. Kitty Chelton (PCE#021263) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education units for MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs &/or LEPs. Kitty maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Full Refunds with 30 day notice, full refund minus 15% with less than 30days notice up to the day prior to workshop
For questions, disability requirements or other issues please call Kitty 707-823-8203 or Emily 707-478-5497
For Grievances contact Kitty at 707-823-8203 and a form will be provided asking what the complaint is and what your desired resolution would be. Kitty will discuss the complaint by phone or in person whichever is preferred until a resolution is reached.